November 1, 2014

Helping kids to tell time

Time is a complete anomaly for most kids under the age of 7.  I think that you could say 'Ok, I'll be back in 10 minutes to check if your room is clean' as well as you could say 'I'll be back in 24 hours to check on you' and to them it would be the same.

So, to help my kids to tell time, I came up with this little beauty.


It's not the most complicated thing.  I point to the time when we have to go to school each morning and there are their shining faces indicating that when the short hand points to the orange arrow, it's time.  

It's helpful, if not at least original.  Please excuse the mondo face of my sweet baby.  He's sleeping and so sweet, but it can startle you if you don't know what's happening.

I hope this helps your tots to understand the concept of time better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for speaking up!

UA-51076917-1