August 21, 2014

6 years of crafting with the Silhouette


update: Amazon has the Silhouette machine for CHEAP right now!  And it comes with a bundle.  Follow this link to  check it out: Silhouette Cameo Starter Kit Bundle 

First things first: I write this for a friend who texted asking about the silhouette machine I used to make her son's banner. No one paid me to make this post.

I tried to email a few pics to her that show what this brilliant baby can do.  It crashed my email app.
I realized that sharing these pics with you would probably inspire great creations too!





I got a used Silhouette (original, not SD, just basic) 6 years ago from my sweet hubbin for a valentine's present.  He wanted to buy me a cricut, but had done a little research and asked which I would use more.  At the time, the cricut only had packs of pre-designed shapes that you could buy, and so the silhouette won out hands down.  I was intimidated by the software, though, and I remember telling my honey that as long as it could cut any font that I wanted, I would just use that feature.  It took about 2 days to realize what a great gift he had given me!

After a while, my sister and I decided to make a business out of crafting, and used the silhouette as the main tool.  Our shop is still going today: www.coupleofbubbles.etsy.com  That little etsy shop paid for the new Cameos that we both have today, and has been above all a huge creative outlet.  you need that if you're at all crafty.

SO, here are the pic.s of crafts made with the silhouette over the years.  If you'd like instructions or maybe even a tutorial on any of the crafts, feel free to ask!



Birthday crown for the special girl
Thank you card for our volunteer soccer coach


Layout of our yearly Christmas cards


Valentine mustache suckers


Fall home decor


Cupcake valentines


Party favors with age printed on each pinwheel


Fall garland


Valentines with pencil gift


Pillow boxes for church class activity


Screen printed t-shirts



End of the year thank you teacher gifts


Bird houses for preschoolers to hang in the winter.



Halloween treat coffin box


Snow flake garland


Frozen princess crown


Congratulations wedding banner 


Puffles (Club Penguin) birthday party banner


Puffles (Club Penguin) cupcake toppers


Fairy tale birthday crown


Job charts (ohh so many of these)


DIY hero 4th of july t-shirts


random mustaches for the kids, because it's funny to make our baby look just like "Mr. Noodle" on Sesame Street.  Anytime I make things for my kids, they love it!


Primary colors birthday banner


French inspired bee hand towel


Going away banner


Thank you teacher gift


Thank you cards (which I always need on hand)


Star glasses for a preschool lesson on colors


Happy birthday fall banner


Treat boxes with intitial


Treat boxes dinosaur theme


Centerpieces for dinosaur birthday party


Dinosaur birthday banner


Name banner for birthday bash


Heart garland


another fabric name banner

Christmas mantle glittered decor

This list isn't all that I have, but it certainly gets the cogs turning if you're wondering what you can make with your Silhouette!  I hope you enjoy the ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for speaking up!

UA-51076917-1